A superb holiday package for couples of all ages
Planning a holiday is different at the moment. But if you cannot travel abroad to faraway destinations, how about going ‘abroad’ to the South Island. You’ll have the scenery of Europe at your fingertips. Stay in the alpine village of Mt Lyford with its log cabins and surrounding mountain peaks and feel like you are in the Swiss alps. From here you can take some easy day trips to discover the treasures of the Hurunui. From encountering the mighty albatross to award-winning winery tours and hot pools to soak in. Take a break and truly relax.
We have put a couples package together for you to explore this region to the fullest. This includes:
- 5 night stay for 4p in a log cabin or eco lodge in the unique Mt Lyford village
- A day visit to the renowned Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa
- An Encounter albatross watch tour of 2.5 hrs in Kaikoura.
- A day to explore Mt Lyford with walks, sauna, massage, tennis and a swim in a natural mountain tarn. Optional extra of an alpine high country hike for the day if you prefer to be active.
- A winery tour with tastings, a bike ride through the winery with a picnic lunch to have at a scenic location along the route.
Price pp $565 pp
This price is valid for a couples package for 4 adults. If you choose optional extra’s these will be added to this price.
Sale period: Book before 27 November 2020 by 4 pm to secure this limited edition package and start summer relaxed.
How to book:
- Send us a booking request with your preferred dates and we’ll give you a personalized quote.
- For additional people ask us for a custom quote.
- Terms and conditions apply.
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and spa
The best place to indulge, with a range of pools, including relaxing rock pools, soothing sulphur pools, an array of water jets and bubbles – at a range of temperatures.
Meet Albatrosses close up with Encounter Kaikoura
Kaikoura is regarded as the best place in the world to view a range of different albatross and seabird species in close proximity to shore. It is not uncommon to see 5 – 10 different species of albatross alone on the tour not to mention many other spectacular seabird species. Tours are in small groups and stay in generally calm waters.
at Mt Lyford
Relax your body and mind with a private sauna in Mt Lyford’s natural alpine environment; enjoy the amazing views, the birdsong, this is just the location to reset from busy life. After your sauna you’ll feel revived and destressed.
Stay in a log cabin or
A unique place to stay during your holiday. The eco lodges come with the option of a wood fired hot tub on the private patio. The perfect place to unwind.
Visit Waipara Springs winery, grab a bike and have a picnic in the vines
Take your gourmet picnic basket from the chef at Waipara Springs and explore the winery from your bike. Find a scenic spot for lunch, sit back and relax, of course this includes a bottle of Estate wine. Optional wine tasting of the Waipara Springs premium wines on return.
Massage at Mt Lyford
Relax and revive with a private massage. You don’t have to go anywhere, the massage therapist will come to you. Relaxation massage focusses on relaxing the tissue, increasing the flow of blood and oxygen, and decreasing any pain. You couldn’t get more relaxed.